Study the farm tools illustrated by diagrams I -VI below and use them to answer Questions 1(a) - (c).
(a) Name the tools illustrated by diagram I -VI
(b) State one use of each of the tools illustrated by diagrams I -VI.
(c) State one method of maintenance for each of the tools illustrated by diagrams I -VI.
Report an Error
Ask A Question
(a) Farm tools;
- I = Knapsacks sprayer
- Il = Watering can
- Ill = Sieve
- IV = Sickle (short handle)
- V = Spanner
- VI = Feeder/ Waterer
- I - Spraying chemicals such as pesticides, insecticides, herbicides and liquid fertilizers.
- Il - application of water to crops (during the season), application of liquid fertilizers.
- IlI - used for separation of soil particles., to sieve compost of F.Y.M. to make nursery soil., to analyse the texture of the soil., for seed separation in seed processing
- IV - used for harvesting fruits/cereal crops., used for cutting grass pasture for animals
- V -used for loosening and tightening of nuts on farm machinery.
- VI - used for feeding chicks/fowls in poultry farm., used also as drinker to provide water for chicks/fowls.
(c) Methods of maintenance;
- I -should be properly rinsed with water after use to get rid of left-over chemicals. Open up clogged nozzle or clean the nozzle and keep it in a cool, dry place.
- Il - should be drained after use, stored upside down; rinse /wash with water if used for liquid fertilizers; keep in a cool dry place.
- Ill - store in a cool, dry place and clean after use
- IV -sharpen regularly the blunt edges; apply grease to avoid rusting and clean after use and store in an area free regularly. from rain and termites.
- V - store in a cool dry place and clean after use.
- VI - store in a cool, dry place and clean