This is to inform all the candidates seeking admission into the Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) that the Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) Screening schedule for the 2019/2020 academic year is out. Online applications are invited from qualified candidates who scored 160 and above in the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination as well as Direct Entry (DE) applicants. The University portal will be opened for registration from Friday, July 12, 2019 to Friday, August 16, 2019. The price of the form is N2,000.
SCHEDULE FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE
The Post-UTME admission screening exercise for the 2019/2020 session is scheduled as follows;
UPLOADING OF O’LEVEL RESULTS:
Any candidate who fails to upload his/her results will NOT be considered for admission by the University.
The University portal will be opened for registration from Friday, July 12, 2019 to Friday, August 16, 2019.
Candidates are required to register online for the screening exercise following the procedure below:
Visit http://www.portal.aksu.edu.ng to generate Pre-Payment Analysis Slip, by following the steps below:
1. Click on REGISTER NOW LINK in the Login Page
2. Select PUTME/DIRECT ENTRY in the Registration-Type Panel and click on PUTME link
3. Enter your JAMB registration number and click VERIFY.
4. On the right hand side of the page showing your details, select CLICK TO MAKE PAYMENT and print the pre-payment slip so generated.
5. Proceed to the Bank with the pre-analysis slip and inform the Bank teller that you wish to make fee payment for Akwa Ibom State University Post-UTME screening using e-transact.
6. The screening fee is N2,000 ONLY excluding bank charges.
7. After payment, repeat steps 1 to 3 above. The payment status on the right side of the page should now show PAID.
8. Click the “>” symbol at the extreme right hand side of the page to proceed with registration process.
9. Complete the form and ensure you clearly scan and upload the following documents (with sizes not more than 100KB)
a. WAEC/NECO/NABTEB Certificate/Result as may be applicable.
b. Certificate of origin.
c. 2019 UTME result printout.
d. 2019 JAMB DE printout (Direct Entry applicants only).
e. Diploma, NCE or A-level result or certificate (Direct Entry applicants only).
10. Print three (3) copies of Registration Slip from the portal. This will serve as your screening Photocard. It carries vital information such as the date and venue of your PUTME screening.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE:
(a) Candidates are to appear for Post-UTME or Direct Entry screening exercise with the following:
(i) Three (3) copies of 2019 UTME result slip or Direct Entry registration slip showing the candidates photograph in colour.
(ii) Three (3) copies of AKSU Photocard (Post-UTME or Direct Entry) screening schedule slip printed from the University portal, on completion of Registration.
(b) When filling the application form, each applicant should endeavor to use his/her own phone number and valid e-mail address in order to receive timely alerts, messages and directives. Do not use those of a cyber café operator or any other third party.
(c) All uploaded documents must be clear and legible. Blurred or unclear documents will lead to automatic disqualification.
(d) Applicants who did NOT choose AKSU or change to AKSU as their University of First Choice in the 2019/2020 UTME or Direct Entry are NOT eligible for this exercise.