This is to inform all students of Yaba College of Technology (YABATECH) that the management has released the voting Procedures for the 2020/2021 SUG Elections.
Physical Voting (For Full-Time Students on Yaba Campus Only)
1. Arrive the voting centre (Sport Pavilion) early. Voting starts at 9am.
2. Identify your school among the seven accreditation spots in the voting centre.
3. Wait in the queue to present your college ID card/signed course registration form/acceptance fee receipt, for accreditation.
4. Collect ballot booklet and proceed to the polling booth to tick your choice candidates on the ballot papers
5. Proceed to the ballot boxes and drop your ballot papers in the boxes assigned to each position.
6. Leave the voting centre. Only the agents can wait after voting.
Virtual Voting (For All Part-Time Students & Students on EPE campus)
1. Confirm your eligibility on “yabatech.edu.ng/yasu.php”. Note that only students who have completed their registration before
Wednesday, 14th October 2021 are eligible to vote.
2. On the eligibility page, type your matric number or your email address as registered on your student portal and click “CONFIRM NOW”
button. The eligibility response is displayed.
3. Log on to your email for the voting link, three (3) hours before the commencement of e-voting. If the link is not in the INBOX, it will
surely be in your SPAM FOLDER.
4. Click on the voting link to take you to the voting platform. Note that the voting platform will only be accessible between 9am-2pm
5. Select the offices and vote one after the other.
6. Be sure of your choice candidate. You will not be allowed to make changes after submission. You can only cast your votes once per
7. Your votes count immediately you cast them.
PROCEDURE AT THE POLL
1. All ballot boxes must be opened and closed by the electoral official. No voting will occur before 9am and after 2pm. However, everybody
on queue at 2pm shall be allowed to cast their votes.
2. Candidates, and all their campaign teams, are not allowed at the voting centre except for the purpose of casting their own ballots.
3. In the case of physical voting, all eligible voters must present their IDENTITY CARDS for accreditation and thumb nail marking with
indelible ink before given ballot papers to cast their votes.
1. Any eligible voter, excluding the aspirants, can serve as agent.
2. Aspirants cannot serve as agents under any circumstance.
3. Only One agent can be approved per an aspirant in all circumstance.
4. All agents must be approved by the electoral committee.
5. All aspirants must forward names of their agents in writing to the electoral committee on/before 18th October 2021 for screening and
6. Any agent not approved by the electoral committee must be replaced immediately and shall not be allowed to perform such function on the
day of election.
7. The absence of an agent at any point during the voting will not in any way invalidate the election.
8. While at the polling centre, an agent is authorized only to observe the voting process.
9. If any agent contravenes any election rule, or become disruptive to the polling process, his status as agent shall be revoked.
BALLOT COUNTING PROCEDURE
1. The candidate who receives the highest valid votes for the position shall be declared the winner.
2. After the documentation of the results, all agents shall be required to sign the results. However, refusal by any agent to append signature will not invalidate such result.
ANNOUNCING THE RESULTS
1. The winner shall be pronounced through an announcement by the Chairman upon completion of the counting procedure and signing of the results.
2. The candidates duly elected shall be issued certificate of return.
ANY SITUATION NOT CAPTURED IN THIS PUBLICATION SHALL BE TREATED AT THE DISCRETION OF THE ELECTORIAL COMMITTEE
Chairman, Electoral Committe