UNILORIN Registration procedure for returning students of the university has been published. All returning students of the university are to note that registration commenced. Students are therefore advised to ensure they complete the registration process withing two weeks. see procedure below;
UNILORIN Returning Students Registration Process
NOTE: You are expected to make payments in Two(2) phases.
Bandwidth/Students' Union charges
Payment of University and Faculty charges
1. Visit the Unilorin Website (www.unilorin.edu.ng) and click on the New Undergraduate Portal link.
2. Click on Login link on the Portal and log-in using your Matriculation Number as Login ID and Surname as your default password.
3. You are required to change your initial Password from your Surname to a new one which should be confidential and only known to you. You are advised to choose a password that is difficult to guess but memorable to you. In case you forget your password, the password recovery is available online after payment of necessary charges.
4. Please be mindful of the spellings and arrangements of your names during registration.
NOTE: If you are a student of the University of Ilorin and your name does not appear on the Good Standing List, interact with your Level Adviser to confirm your status.
1. If you are in Good Standing or on Probation, click on Course Registration link and register for appropriate and relevant courses. You are to register for courses failed before registering for current level courses. Seek guidance from your Level Adviser.
2. Print out preliminary course registration form and present to your Level Adviser, who should authenticate the courses you have selected before you make payment.
3. After authentication, go back to the website and register as advised by your Level Adviser.
4. Your customized charges and levies would be displayed and you would be requested to make online payment for approved charges, using your ATM Verve or Master Card.
NOTE: Students are expected to pay only N250.00 as bank charges, in addition to the main charges and thus are to ensure that there is enough balance in their bank account to accommodate the charges.
5. If payment is successful, you are to print the payment receipt and four copies of the final course form.
6. Present the copies of the Registration form to your Level Adviser and Faculty Officer for appropriate signatures and collect your copy from the Faculty Office. Keep your copy safely as you would need it for your Examinations.
NOTE: Any Student who fails to authenticate selected courses before payment does so at his/her own risk. Once you pay and register for courses you are not expected to offer, you will need to use the Add/Drop form to make amendment(s).
IF NOT IN GOOD STANDING
If you are not in good standing, further instructions would be displayed as you may no longer be able to continue with your current programme. You are then advised to download a change of course form, on account of not being in good standing (where applicable). This attracts an online payment of N5000.00 only.
Steps on Change of Course(s)
1. Click on Change of Course link
2. Make online payment for Change of Course form on account of not being in good standing (provided you are qualified)
3. Download the form
4. Complete the form manually
5. Submit duly approved Transfer Form to the Directorate of Academic Support Services for processing and subsequent registration.
6. Applicants from the following Faculties with less than the required CGPA are qualified to transfer, on account of not being in good standing:
a. Basic Medical Sciences
b. Clinical Sciences (Nursing), and
c. Engineering and Technology
ADD AND/OR DROP FORM
NOTE: The form can be accessed after 3 weeks of registration. Processing of ADD/Drop Form is based on Semester and all procedures for actualizing ADD/DROP must be completed within the stipulated period.
Procedures for ADD/DROP
There are two procedures involved. The first is for students who are still within the range of 48 maximum credits and the other is for those seeking to register above 48 credits per session.
(A) Students who have concerns regarding registration (e.g. error in registration) can add or drop courses. This should be done online without downloading any form by the affected students. The concerned students are required to pay online and effect changes as approved by their Level Adviser. Students should note that ADD/DROP of courses should be done within the period stipulated online by the University as lateness will not be condoned.
(B.)Procedure for Additional Credit(s) after the normal 48 credits.
1. Payment for the Additional credit(s) is done at the prevailing cost of N1,000.00 and must be online.
2. The form is printed online from the portal and manually completed. Note that the permission of the Head of Department and approval of the Dean are required when you are adding above the maximum of 24 credits allowed per semester.
3. The form is to be forwarded to the Deputy Registrar (Academic Support Services) through the Dean with a copy of Course Registration Form and payment receipt attached to the form and the approval of the Dean, as related to the (2) above.
4. After approval by Academic Support Services, changes requested will be effected and an alert will also be sent to the concerned student who should print a new Course Registration Form from the portal. This form supersedes the earlier one.
5. The approved Additional Credit Form; Payment Receipt and old Course Form must be attached to the new Course Form and forwarded to the Level Adviser and Faculty Officer for endorsement.
6. Please note that the Academic Support Services will not treat any request for more than 24 credits per semester, if all the requirements in 2 and 3 are not met.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR REGISTRATION IS NOT COMPLETE EVEN AFTER SUBMISSION ONLINE UNTIL YOUR FORMS ARE ENDORSED BY YOUR LEVEL ADVISER AND FACULTY OFFICER WITHIN THE REGISTRATION PERIOD.
Students are to note that all payments shall be online and shall be through the use of ATM cards on the University Portal.
Note: ATM Cards on the InterSwitch platform are supported, including Verve and Master Cards.
STUDENTS ARE ADVISED TO BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS IN THE HANDLING THEIR PAYMENT CARD DETAILS AND REPORT ANY FRAUDULENT ACT TO THE SECURITY UNIT, UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN