The leadership of the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) has announced its plan to commence on a nationwide protest due to the ongoing industrial action embarked on by members of ASSU.
The newly appointed NANS president, Comrade. Usman Umar Barambu issued a circular on September 19, to this effect, directing all zonal coordinators and student union bodies in various institutions to mobilize their members for the planned protest.
The circular outlined the dates of the protests as seen below;
1. Monday Zone D 19th-20th September, 2022
2.Thursday Zone E 22nd-23rd September, 2022
3. Monday Zone B 26th-27th September, 2022
4. Thursday Zone A 29th-30th September, 2022
5.Wednesday Zone F 5th-6th October, 2022
6.Monday Zone C 10th-11th October, 2022
7.National shutdown of Abuja to be communicated....after Zone C protest.
The protest coordinators are as follows;
1. Zone D..............Comr. Attah Felix Senate President
2.Zone E... Comr. Victor Ezenagu VP National
3. Zone B. Comr. Usman Baba Kankia. Secretary General
4. Zone A. Comr. Babatunde Akinteye Afeez. VP External
5. Zone F.. Comr.Sariki Sulieman. VP Special Duties
6. Zone C.... Comr. Vanesa Egbeahie. VP Intercampus.”
According to the circular, the Abuja protest will be coordinated by the association president.