Posted by Dende
25th July, 2023 | Comments
The NCDMB Annual National Undergraduate Essay Competition is sponsored by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) to promote academic excellence and Nigerian Content to encourage the youths to build local capacities and competencies to prepare for effective participation in Nigeria’s Oil and Gas industry.
2023 Essay Topic:
Nigerian Content and the Lessons from Covid-19 Pandemic
- This contest is open only to 100-200 level students in public and private Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria – Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education.
- The competition opens on the 24th of July 2023. Completed manuscripts and accompanying documents must be submitted to www.ncdmbessay.ng on or before 28th AUGUST, 2023. Late manuscripts will not be considered . Hardcopy submissions will not be accepted. (REGISTER ON WEBSITE FIRST).
- Entrants must submit either a letter of admission or a signed letter of attestation from his/her Head of Department (HOD).
- All essays must be original works specifically written for the competition.
- Co-authorship of essay is not permitted.
- Entrants are to submit only one entry.
- Manuscripts must not exceed 1,500 WORDS.
- Current contact information of each entrant including phone number and email address MUST ACCOMPANY THE MANUSCRIPT, IN THE PROVIDED ESSAY SUBMISSION FORM WHEN LOGGED IN FOR SUBMISSION.
- Entrants’ NAMES SHALL NOT APPEAR ON THE MANUSCRIPT (i.e content of your essay).
- Shortlisted entrants will be contacted for the 3rd and final round INTERACTIVE ASSESSMENT on or before 11th of September, 2023.
- Prizes will be awarded as follows: N1,000,000 for 1st place, N700,000 for 2nd place, N500,000 for 3rd .
- All top 10 National Finalists shall each receive a laptop.
- Essays will be judged based on: Clarity of Expression, Spelling and Grammar, Originality of thought, Depth of Analysis, Relevance to Industry, and Conformity to Contest Rules.
- All essays will be subjected to plagiarism check (software application) to determine originality.
- The award/prize giving ceremony comes up 20th of SEPTEMBER, 2023
- The winning essay will be published in the NCDMB’s in-house magazine, Local Content Digest.
NOTE: Do not include your personal details inside the ESSAY CONTENT ie your email, phone number, address, name, University and state or else it will be disqualified.