Please don't post or ask to join a "Group" or "Whatsapp Group" as a comment. It will be deleted. To join or start a group, please click here
What Is Jamb Regularization or Late Application?
The only question that will come to your mind when you heard of this phrase is ”What is Jamb regularization?
This simply means reconciliation of your OND/ND/NCE/HND admission between your institution and JAMB. I hope you understand what I mean? In case you don’t, let me explain Jamb regularization in another way.
Note that, JAMB regularisation is also known as LATE APPLICATION on JAMB website.
Meaning Of Regularization In Practical
When you got admission into your previous school, Polytechnic, College of Education or any other one. There are chances that your polytechnic or college of education admitted you without Jamb’s Knowledge or approval. This could happened in two ways:
1. You were admitted as a part time student who did not write UTME to secure the admission. So you don’t even have Jamb number.
2. You wrote UTME and you got admission but your school did not notify Jamb of your admission. Even though you have Jamb number.
Whatever the situation is, you are in the same problem
How To Know You Have Regularization Problem Before You Obtain Direct Entry Form
This is not funny, because you might not have been aware if not that you want to obtain direct entry form, or you want to go to NYSC. To know if you have this problem. Follow the steps below:
1. Go to www.jamb.org.ng
2. Scroll to the year you wrote your jamb (e.g 2013)
3. Click on Check admission Status
4. Enter your Jamb number and click enter.
You are meant to get a message, showing your details, school, passport and the course you studied in ND/NCE/HND. then you are not going to regularize. Just go ahead and apply for DE.
But if you got a message like ‘Sorry no admission is given yet ‘…, then you need to regularize before applying for direct entry/NYSC.
Note: The above procedures is to be carried out only by those who have a Jamb number. In case you were a part time students then, you entered without taking Jamb, don’t bother to check. I will tell you what to do.
Either you have Jamb number or part time students, you are both in the same problem.
Steps by Steps Guides to Apply for JAMB Regularization
You are to pay N10,000 for JAMB regularisation to JAMB account either through direct online payment or through remitta. Your school is not expected to charge you anything. Kindly follow the procedures below to regulaise your admission today
1. Visit www.jamb.org.ng
2. Select “Late Application”
3. Create a JAMB profile (Requires a valid email)
4. Login through the account created
5. Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
6. Select “Late (Retroactive) Application”. This is available on the side bar
7. Once selected, the menu item “Late Application” will be revealed. Click this.
8. Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service.This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
9. Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a
bold red font .The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction.
A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
10. Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your cardimmediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or
Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
11. On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
12. The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section”An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
13. Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:a. Year of Exam and
b. JAMB Registration Number
14. After entering the information correctly, the application form will bedisplayed. You are to fill the application form online. Please take note of mandatory fields.
15. Click Submit to complete your application
16. After submission, an Indemnity Form will be displayed for printing.
17. This is to be filled and taken to your institution for Approval.
18. Your institution will be responsible for submission of the approved form to the JAMB state office.
19. Once received, the Approved form will be uploaded to your profile. You will receive a notification when this is done.
20. JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
21. Then you would be sent a new JAMB Number to register your direct entry or to register your NYSC.