President Buhari On The Move To End B.Sc And HND Dichotomy

The Registrar of The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board has announced that President Buhari is willing to implement the waiver that will end the Bsc and HND dichotomy.

According to him, Buhari has already received the updated report surrounding the Bsc and HND dichotomy last Tuesday.
In his words: “The last administration set up a committee to look at how we can now merge the two, the report was ready but it was not handled by the last administration.”
“The system has not given adequate vision for the other levels of education. We have not encouraged technical education, we have not encouraged Teachers education also, in fact we have not encouraged Agricultural education to the extent that everybody feels that the only way to survive is to go to the University.

“The only way to make it is to have a degree, so I am saying we should revisit our system, we should look at why candidates don’t want to go to polytechnics, and we should look at why they don’t want teachers’ education we should also revisit why they don’t want agriculture.

“By our experience, most people will like to study law, engineering, medicine, accountancy, these are the top courses been sought for in the universities nobody wants to study education. So I see we have problem in that area and I am sure the Federal Ministry of Education is trying to solve that problem.

“First of all Technical Education, there’s dichotomy between Bachelors degree and National Diploma or Higher National Diploma, (HND). It was one of the things presented to Mr. President to find a way of implementing the waver of the dichotomy between HND and the Bsc degree. The so called HND should now be changed to Btech which means Bachelor of Technology.

“Former President Musa Yar’Adua may his soul rest in peace, said he doesn’t have any problem with Btech. Unfortunately, government also has not sorted this entire problem. And there are such cases of people like me in this country, I wouldn’t have been able to read, I wouldn’t have been able to go to school. So what I am saying is, government should look at how we can improve technical education.

“Let me refer to what Oby Ezekwensili the former Minister of Education said, she was determined to implement Btech in our Technical System, college of Education. All this places should be well equipped for Btech.

“Four colleges of Education have been upgraded to universities of Education, you will see the rush into those universities now because they can now get bachelor’s degree. And when they come to the public they will not be a push away. So this is where we are, I think if I go by what we saw on Wednesday, President Buhari and the Vice President listened and they were interested in what we presented.”

JAMB 2020 CBT Software Agents - Click Here to Apply
JAMB 2020 CBT Mobile App - Download Now, It's Free!

Dean3518
4 years ago
This a welcome development thumb up to buhari
Elphata
4 years ago
My feasibility study object this write up. The academic board of university(ASUU) wouldn't welcome the idea. This is Nigeria we all know how its done. I happen to be a polytechnic student with certificate but right now in university,The difference is clear my people let's stop chasing shadow. BUHARI, university professors wouldn't accept,you can only work on labour market zaga for their counterpart. I rest my case!
  • Abiodun_K: My brother, in as much as d thing follow d proper step, those professors have no right to oppose it.. They can only make noise and Thank God d Vice president (a professor) will be there to silence them
    Like 0    Dislike 0   4 years ago
  • Elphata: Nigeria is a country that tag a colour black and will still tell you its made up of white without scientific conclusion. What will be the fate of HND holder when BUHARI tenure expire? Another government ideology#THINk.
deneekee
4 years ago
A very nice idea....HND to Btech
  • Elphata: If HND ascribe to Btech,what will you call university of technology e.g Lautech?..have you forgotten university of technology award B.tech ?
KMS
4 years ago
well wat ever u pronounce wid ur mouth automatically and speedily happens*i biliv my fathers' land wont die untimely*GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Aguzie michael
The notion to aggrandise HND to Btech is very ok
iam_joseph3
4 years ago
Wow this is a lovely idea.at least it will reduce the craving to study in a university and increase chances of gainin admission.

HND to B-TECH.sai baba we re waitin for u
MAKINWANDE
4 years ago
and poly cut jamb off will also b increased too
MAKINWANDE
4 years ago
and poly jamb cut off mark will also b increased too
sylv aorty
4 years ago
It is a welcome idea, at least university sought we reduce and the polytechnic students will study hard to meet up and defend the Btech degree,also the jamb cutoff mark will increase. Thanks to president Buhari for this welcome development, indeed the polytechnic students will be now be challenge to stand out practically to share their experience with other university students.
Unique inas
4 years ago
see bad Belle, Mr elphata u r nt a gud Nigeria, sori 2 call u (badbelle),wat is ur business wit HND holder, enemy of progess,if GMB, want 2 Change d different b/w HND & BSC,waiting b ur own,go 2 hell,lok 4 transformer 2 hug, elphata if u don't lk change I think u can find ur square root out of dis country.GMB is 4 change he want 2 change Nigeria 2 better country.
  • Elphata: Sequel to your write up. There is an adage that I love so much which has been the yardstick towards the sustainability of my relationship with human"The truth is bitter". I can see you're myopic to fact or probably you have spoken on duress but I must tell you that you need not picture it that way. The good news is, "its a nice idea" but the bad news is, "its impossible" I don't feel it when I'm insulted cos I'm used to it. I get it better when I'm taken aback. God bless 9ja and God bless me!
    Like 0    Dislike 0   4 years ago
  • Unique inas: u knw nothing it is a pit, cos yrs back it is in impossible BT nw wit d grace of God it ll b possible, if u don't lk DAT positive changing den take ur way 2 hell.
    Like 0    Dislike 0   4 years ago
  • Unique inas: pls Mr man lok 4 dictionary,type d word TECHNICAL, get d meaning very well, on no account u kick against HND holder, behave lk an intellectual body weather u lk it or nt GMB changing is coming, moreso polytechnics r d engine root of d nations
    Like 0    Dislike 0   4 years ago
  • Unique inas: aspirant lk u talking rubblish, check my profile b4 u make any sort alterations
    Like 0    Dislike 0   4 years ago
  • Elphata: Happy new month man. The discussion has defiled viability. you have spoken well to the bag of intelligence but the hell of this matter is the government. Let's see what he can do but I keep fit on my words. Learn not to use vulgar languages while debating no matter your grievance. Once again I say good luck to Buhari administration and best of luck to me too. Enjoy your day!
    Like 0    Dislike 0   4 years ago
  • Elphata: Your profile?..hahahah,what's my business with that?..Aspirant? You're on your way to bag Bsc right?..if I'm right then you're my boy. You're insulting your comment confirm it. I'm not who you think I am and as a matter of fact you're a junior to me. 200l computer science. I have ND in SLT, Bsc. BCH. MBBS in view. I wouldn't like to say oddnor gibberish so farewell man
    Like 0    Dislike 0   4 years ago
  • Unique inas: so 9ice of u. in my life, I promise nt 2 use my opportunity 2 laugh other, weather HND or BSC r all certificate, BT bear different name, Bsc can do HND can also do it. in practical aspects polytechnic is more recognized. der4 Bsc should take HND along because two r better Dan 1 head. 2 b rich is not by certificate I.e Bsc or HND.
    Like 0    Dislike 0   4 years ago
  • Unique inas: u r nt sure of itself, if u claim 2 b den update ur profile, try Ui n see,university of ibandan is 4 serious student, nt lk usman Dan F uni.
    Like 0    Dislike 0   4 years ago
  • Elphata: I have great scholars in UI as friends and also a sister who is a family future Barrister but non of them seems to be ignorant. that remind me an adage that says " an empty barrel make a lousy noise". You look too cool and learned to talk f**lish. well there is a difference between brilliance and intelligence. I still remain my humble self you can't get me mad because I understand your type of person and I know how to deal with you.
  • Unique inas: sori
    Like 0    Dislike 0   4 years ago
  • Unique inas: u lack manners
    Like 0    Dislike 0   4 years ago
  • Unique inas: I regr8t talking 2 a f**l lk u, just close ur rotten dirty mouth.
    Like 0    Dislike 0   4 years ago
  • Elphata: Okay sir. I laugh in spanish!
Unique inas
4 years ago
allow GMB 2 do his work, we Nigeria need change @ all levels, he promise 4 Changes & d changes is coming, if GMB can remove d dichotomy b/w HND & Bsc is a welcome development.
Unique inas
4 years ago
see person wen never knw any tinx abt higher institution, yet aspiring 4 dat matter talking rubblish 2 HND holder. elphata did u knw wat it take 2 be an HND holder. watch ur rotten mouth. once again check my profile, UI life n direct. I love HND holder. get ur admission 2 uni 1st b4 u post any rubblish here.
iam_joseph3
4 years ago
woow beautiful stories in just one page

yall go like