Possible Effects Of Scrapping Post-UTME And Pegging Cut-Off Mark At 180

Possible Effects Of Scrapping Post-UTME And Pegging Cut-Off Mark At 180

Following some of the decisions taken at the 2016 JAMB Combined Policy meeting which include the official announcement of the 2016 cut-off mark as 180 for Universities, Polytechnic and Colleges of education and the scrapping of Post-UTME, many candidates are asking a lot of questions with regard to how the admission process for this year is going to run.

Having examined the situation, we would like to point out some factors that may likely come in to play in 2016 admission process.

First, one thing that will likely be a fall-out of this new development is the fact that the cut off-mark of top institutions like UNIBEN, UNILORIN, OAU, UI, UNILAG may shoot up to 220, 240 or even 250. However, no institution will go below 180.

The responsibility of placing candidates in schools will now reside with JAMB. However, JAMB has to first confirm the requirements of institutions before placing candidates in such institution. For instance, if UNIBEN decides that its cut-off mark for this year is 250, it is only candidates who applied to study in UNIBEN and score up to 250 will secure admission.

Similarly, since the bench cut-off mark is 180, JAMB may decide to re-distribute candidates who scored up to 180 to other institutions (who knows, it could be a university, polytechnic or College of education since they all have the same cut-off mark) if the institution they originally chose have reached its admission quota or if such candidates UTME score fall below the set cut-off mark of their specific institutions.

The scrapping of Post-UTME does not necessarily mean that institutions cannot conduct other forms of screening, it only means they cannot conduct another form of examination similar to UTME. So schools may decide to use oral interview or verification of documents to screen candidates.

The scrapping of post-UTME will equally save candidates the cost of purchasing their school's post-UTME form and going through the usual hassles associated with it.

However, all these factors will be expected to play out when ASUU, ASUP and NCEE accept the outcome of the 2016 JAMB Combined Policy meeting.

Since these bodies are yet to express their stance on this, we will only wait to see how it plays out at the end of it all.

Now, lets know your opinion on this or what you think the admission process will be like.

fynestlee
HMmm....survival of d fittest
horlarwumi
What of 172 cutoff mark into poly
arinze333
Say NO to FTC
arinze333
1 year ago
I got 276, applied for med nd surg at unizik. I just day pray make them give me admission ooo, cos med nd surg cut off mark may shoot .
JuliusPeterpan
God help us all.
horlarwumi
1 year ago
Mr Registrar,Pls can't u help we that have already written janb this year
Barajumbo
1 year ago
i pray ASUU dnt agree with dis nd dy should shift it till next year
  • Barajumbo: i score 222 in jamb so it will favour me bt its just dat skuls wil wicked some candidates
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • Emekazy: Asuu should not agree with the 180 as cut off for polytechnic,cause many ppl din get up to 180 and were having hope for poly,now they've taken their hopes away
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • [email protected]: My fellow students/aspirants nd the future leaders of Nigeria, my writeup/post goes to those that are saying dat putme ll still hold by saying dat asuu, asup etc ll not agree to d new developmnt. wel let me start like dis. To be honest i can't remember d year i used my money to buy newspaper but after d outcome of d meeting held on 3rd june i first saw it here in myschool site i was robbing my eyes just to be sure it wasn'tdeceiving me, still not satisfied wit dat i googled straight to Jamb site, there i was somehow geting it but still doubting my eyes then, on friday 4th june i now went ahead nd bought NEWSPAPER (THE NATIONS) precisely, the first paragraph now reads: the FG yesterday scraped d conduct of PUTME for candidates seeking admission into higher institutions. The (ORDER TAKES IMMEDIATE EFFECT) so do i need to remind us dat in dis Buhari's administration, dat when an order is pass it is final nd there ll b no room for amendments not even when d person passing d order being d minister himself is an ethnical brother to the president who doesn't take contribution, suggestion, advice nd other ppls view except dat of his. So as long as Buhari's strong hand administration is concern immediate effect remains immediate effect. Take it or u leave it.
ebuka3132
i got 364 in jamb...pls guys wot are my chance.#no insult
nsikak umoh
1 year ago
i thick this is a good policy,and also hop they wil give u wat u ur institution of ur choice if u make the cut off mark.
ifeoma hillz
1 year ago
I just hope futminna won't shoot their own cut off mark...cus I scored 242...n is civil engineering I want to study
  • Wumnathe: Ifeoma plz can i have ur phone number? Am a futminna aspiarant. My num; 08107293041/ 08149325974
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • mickael: It's because she is a girl and she is beautiful abi? Relax, i know your tricks
  • ifeanyi77: Even dropped his two lines 😂😂
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • mickael: As in eh! That one is 'You must call me today, MTN i dey, airtel, glo even Visafone'
  • Emekazy: Lmao
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • Medcine man: It also part of admission process now.......
  • Popoosky: All u guys na bad boys... Lol
  • ifeanyi77: For Even drop house address join.... Some guys sha
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • joshezzy: If possible every where he goes..he shld start posting...
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • Kenze: Kai.... Una wan kill me here. Make una no blame d guy he's making girlfriends in advance,make him no reach school see say all girls are occupied so let him make hay whle d sun shines...LOL
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • [email protected]: lolxx u pple re nt serious mai una talk true una dea jealous of wumnathe abi
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • lilblakes: some guys shaa...see as em rush drop number, u don see big fish. smh
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • Medcine man: Not ordinary big fish this one na innovated one..........ifeoma you done kill im die...chai just pack your load waka go school.....just holla that vc number.
  • Yande!: lolssssssss...
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • cruz francis: Lolz funny comments
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • Kingsley uzoma: Hahaha nna dis guy go b business man.. I just hope they won't cut more Dan 200 cos I applied for telecommunications
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • Wumnathe: Oh my! oh my God!!! Why are u guys so weak in ur thinking? U guys are just talking balderdash, censorious irritating and disgruntling things about my personalty. Anyway, am not of the type u think; i swear to God, i dont even know she's a lady coz that's how i try 2 hook up with any futmx aspiarant including sidon90. So u need to change ur stupid african mentality. Bunch of fools...
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • Kingsley uzoma: What is this one blabbing about sef... M sure your dictionary that has been giving you spellings forgot to spell aspirant correctly for you.. Before calling others fools, scan your memory well so you won't be the leader of the fools..
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • Medcine man: Wumnathe if i hear say you dont know say she be girl i go just tell ifeoma make she no call your number again......see this guy sha he won change am for us.

Admit it....no fear my guy you they owk now..see stand now ifeoma self don trip die for you.....better dont use your words spoil the runz.
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • Wumnathe: Wisdom keeps you save and it gives u as much security as money; having university degrees is not wisdom. A fool will do anything to fool himself. That's how someone with very low understanding will think. Am unique
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • Emekazy: Lol,@Wumnathe you have no sense of humour at all
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • Medcine man: If your intention were right,why did you now feel in secure ?
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • Wumnathe: No! This is no joke at all, it is about my personalty, about my life. If anyone that really know my come online and see all these things u people are typing about me; how do u think he/she will feel? So plsz stop it, am not a joker. Am a man
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • mickael: this guy is absolutely crazy and ridiculous. Who cares about what your friends will say? I don't, we made a joke out of what you said, deal with it or go hang yourself. Meanwhile, I wanted to make a joke out of your incorrect grammar but I don't want you to report me to your mum since the first joke made you cry
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • Kingsley uzoma: Hahaha... I just can't stop laughing.. Minister of Grammar or should I say destroyer of grammar...
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • Kenze: Hahahahahahaaa..... OMG!!! Wumanthe... I observed u can spell grammatical word correctly but fail to look up to ur common words.. Or should I call it "a complex grammatical breaker but simple grammatical blunder"... Jeez. Please get ur self a life. And be filled with humour. Ogbeni!
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • Wumnathe: It was just a mistake @ Kenze. But u know everyone has a way of living his/her own life, so i want u guys to stop been disrespectful. After this post i will not reply u guys again. At times u have 2 play a role of a fool to fool some fools who think they are fooling u. I demand for respect!
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • klicks: Chai.... This brother can lie! #wumnathe,are you from sambisa forest that you can't even differentiate between a masculine name from a feminine one.Omo this guy na bad guy! You made the spelling of her name,yet your reasoning falculty never told you she was a lady.#REPENT
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • lilblakes: hahahahahahahahaha lwkmd4h,,,,,omo! see finishiin!!! d guy wan shw us sae em get Longman Dictionary 4 house, em don see us was neva enta skul na.....mtchewwwm! SHOW OFF!
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • Popoosky: Abeg wai u na won slaughter da guy patapata.. Habeg give him second life...
    Like 0    Dislike 0   1 year ago
  • ifeanyi77: The guy needs to die ....am sure he won't comment on myschool talk more of dropping his numbers online in his life time ..lol
youngkay94
1 year ago
Anyhow anyhow Make e favour me sha
tnk God o
josesmith
1 year ago
please fg should allow us write the post utme exam for this change of plans and other other things will not Help,this will as a result of schools bringing a high cut off mark of which students who was supposed to gain admission Into their various school o choice will be posted to another one since their jamb was not up to the school cut off marks. to me the idea is not accepted
Anonie chuks
1 year ago
Dis is just a platform for jamb officials to enrich dia pockets cus they knw that henceforth, candidates will wanna do anytin possible to get a high score in jamb so dey will wanna pay whatever being charged of them at the exam hall so as to be allowed to cheat.

I trust schools like futo, since dia is a slim chance of them conductin a screenin exercise before admission which isnt equivalent to jamb, you will feel dia impact, just hit ur 400 in jamb nd come for admission.

Again, admission will now be for d highest bidder, people are abt to get duped in the name of admission. Time to hear stories like 'i paid 250k just to get forestry and wildlife in a state poly'...cant wait to see how dis play out.

Futo aspirants, add me on whatsapp, 07052638127...Comrade Serginho Anonie Chuks (geology 200level)...proudly futoite!
Stephen obed
1 year ago
I pray that asuu and it's co bodies wont abide to dis there senseless policy