JAMB to Investigate Every UTME Candidate from 2009-2019 for Malpractice

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has launched an investigation into the credentials of applicants dating back to 2009. This means that every single candidate who took UTME within the last 10 years will be scrutinized. Persons who cheated the system successfully, and went on to secure admission and may have even graduated will face prosecution and their certificates will be withdrawn. 

This was disclosed by JAMB's Head of Media and Information, Fabian Benjamin, during an interview with Punch on Monday. He said the probe had begun and it would be completed in a short time as JAMB had acquired software to identify fake biometric data. 

JAMB to Investigate Every UTME Candidate from 2009-2019 for Malpractice

Benjamin said, “If you graduated from university and you did not take UTME, it means the foundation is faulty and the building cannot stand. We have already started the probe but we will go deeper after the exams."  

It will not take too long. We are using software, so it will just check the biometric data of candidates and if the biometric data of someone shows about six different names, then it will notify us. So, if one person’s photo brings up different names and we have spotted this, we will find out where the person is and then we will pick them up.”  

Speaking in a separate interview on 95.1 Nigeria Info FM Abuja, the JAMB spokesman said,

We want to do what we call biometric verification dating 10 years back. Even if you are now working and we discovered that someone wrote exams for you, we will publish your name and the law agencies will do the needful. We have the biometric data from 10 years ago. We will compare the photos with thumbprints and names. We discovered that a candidate could have taken exams with 30 different names.”

The JAMB spokesman said it had become important to expose exam cheats to serve as a deterrent to others. He said the photos of those found culpable would be published for all to see even if they were now working class persons. 

 

Related Posts

Comments (31)

Deckline
1 year ago
We want our results.


Not all these brouhaha...
Asuzu
1 year ago
Mr. Benjamin please release our results, not all these big big talk here abeg..

I'm tired.
merchar
1 year ago
imagine... i commend your efforts to curb examination malpractice but first thing first this whole thing is getting absurd
Segun Enoch
1 year ago
May God Sees You Through, But Kindly Release 2019 Result.
what is my business....... RELEASE OUR RESULT
Eniafe128
1 year ago
This is getting serious oo
tonnytemmy914
1 year ago
like the jamb sef....they are just doing anyhow...how come a score of 290 last year did not get admission and you are here telling me poo,they did not see that one ooooo & working class is now the next.....abeg release result jare....im sick and tired of this jamb headache self....God will help us and set us free from them.....
Lateepha
1 year ago
Hmmmm tried of jamb noise
SHIAONDO
1 year ago
Jamb is turning into a different case, but it shouldn't be now now dat they wil remember dat,it is of no benefit,they should release our result
MUSTI44
1 year ago
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has described as fake, a trending report that scores of candidates who sat for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) are being reduced. The board, in a statement signed by its Head of Media and Publicity, Fabian Benjamin, and made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Abuja, said the report was false. The report had claimed that scores of candidates who sat for the UTME and were found to have cheated were made to lose 100 marks. JAMB said that an investigation carried out discovered that the fake news emanated from a gang who coordinated from a town called Igarra in Edo state with affiliates in Lagos and other states. The board described the act as fraudulent and meant to extort parents
and candidates. “A gang being coordinated from a town called Igarra in Edo State with affiliates in Lagos, Ogun, Osun, Abia, Anambra and Plateau states are circulating fake notice of impending reduction of UTME scores. “This is with intent to extort and defraud parents and candidates. “Candidates results would be received on their registered cell phones as soon as the ongoing scrutiny of the examination centres are completed and publicly announced. “Only the fraudulent candidates or parents stand being defrauded on this matter,” the board said. NAN recalls that Mr Benjamin had in an interview on Sunday, warned candidates not be carried away by rumours and misleading information in some sections of the media, especially the social media. He also said that the board distances itself from such rumours about releasing results of candidates of the just concluded UTME and steps to check these results as being speculated. NAN reports that the 2019 UTME was conducted nationwide from April 11 to 18. More than 1.8 million candidates registered for the examination. (NAN)
Williams
1 year ago
Jamb! Not that it is bad to detect malpractices from 2009 till date, but please for crying out loud, release our results first and then continue in your investigation, please.
SHIAONDO
1 year ago
If they wil nt release d result today they should just declear it inconclusive
HaruLead
1 year ago
I wish the remaining exam board could be so
newboy
1 year ago
please release result for Nigeria students pls
Uzonna
1 year ago
Jamb go just make mouth last last nothing go still happen.. Enough of the stories o.. Release our result.. After releasing our result u can investigate from 1978 till 2050.. I dont care.. We all know were all this is leading to n were it's going to end...

#Exercise_in_futility

#jambreleaseourresult....

Quick Questions

Ask Your Own Question
To get notifications when anyone comments,
Follow Comments

Post Comment

Please don't post or ask to join a "Group" or "Whatsapp Group" as a comment. It will be deleted. To join or start a group, please click here