Posted by Myschool Kelly
on 17th April, 2018 | 0 Comments
Applications are invited from all students from any of the partner universities (Target Group 1) and to students from other African universities (Target Group 2) who are interested in pursuing a Masters or PhD degree program.
Target Group 1: This category includes students enrolled (for M.Sc application) or graduated (for PhD application) from all partner universities as follows:
- Ebonyi State University; Nigeria
- University of Abomey-Calavi; Benin
- Jimma University; Ethiopia
- University of Yaunde 1
Target Group 2: Students from all African countries
Application Deadline: May 30th, 2018
Type: MSc and PhD programme.
Eligible Field Of Study: Scholarships are awarded to study Mobility for plant genomics scholars to accelerate climate-smart adaptation options and food security in Africa / GENES.
Eligible Countries: Africa
Value Of Scholarships: In line with Agreement with Intra-Africa Mobility Scheme of EACEA, the scholarship will cover:
- Round trip flight ticket and visa costs (using a preferred travel agent and calculated against direct linear distance);
- Direct participation costs such as tuition fees, registration fees and service fees where applicable;
- Comprehensive travel insurance (Health, Accident and Travel) }
- A monthly subsistence allowance for the mobility period.
- Applicants should Have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses in the host countries.
- Applicants must have completed their Bachelor degree program
- Applicants must Be a national and resident in any of the eligible countries covered by the Intra-Africa Mobility program of the EACEA
- Applicants must Be registered/admitted to or having obtained an HEI degree (or equivalent) from one of the HEIs included in the GENES consortium (Target group 1), An HEI not included in the GENES consortium but established in an eligible country (Target group 2)
Application Process: The following are required during application:
- Cover letter
- Scholarship Application form (download from GENES website)
- Student proposal (guidelines available from GENES website)
- National ID or Copy of Passport Data page
- Certificate of degree
- Transcript records
- Support letter from sending HEIs
- Recommendation letter of home supervisor (mandatory for all applicants)
- Enrollment proof in degree course from home institution (for MSc applicants)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Employment certificate (only for staff)
- Certificate of English or French language skills
- Proof of socio-economic vulnerability (if available)
Applicants should submit completed application and all supporting documents by email to email@example.com with a copy to Mr Dennis Okporie, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 30th May 2018.
They should indicate in the subject line (if submitting by email) or super scribe the envelope (if submitting by post) ‘Application for GENES MSc/PhD programme’.
Visit The Scholarship Website For More Information