Posted by Myschool
on 7th November, 2019 | 0 Comments
BA in Business Administration is the ideal course for students seeking to make a career in the business world. It is a well-established and popular course suitable for any ambitious person who wishes to go into business management. Business administrators are expected to possess a strong understanding of business management principles, technical know-how and interpersonal skills.
The Bachelor's degree conferred on business administration (BBA, B.B.A., BA, B.Sc.) is structured to give students a broad understanding and knowledge of the functional aspects of a business and its interconnection. Eventually, it will help to build student’s managerial, communication and business decision-making skills.
Graduates who have obtained a Bachelor's degree in business administration will qualify for several roles in private, public and non-profit organisations. They will be suitable for positions such as business analyst, marketing specialist, human resources generalist, operations manager, among others. Not only that, as a business administrator, you will also be fit to set up your own small venture as an entrepreneur. The opportunities available for business administrators too are numerous to mention; every business requires the services of business administrators. You may also provide services as an independent business consultant.
Let’s examine the benefits of a business administration degree
Almost all businesses require the services of business administrators which translates into competitive remuneration and good career opportunities. The degree can open various pathways that could lead to good remuneration, job satisfaction and other career opportunities for growth.
Let’s closely examine the benefits and other career opportunities of a Bachelor’s degree graduate of business administration
- Competitiveness. A degree in business administration degree will put you ahead of many other graduates. This is because business administrators are in high demand.
- Wider job opportunities. The degree obtained in business administration will make you qualify for various specialist job roles. From a business analyst to marketing specialist, human resources specialist, operations manager and many more, you will be qualified to fit into various specialist positions. There are numerous job opportunities a business administrator can pick from. You can easily take your business administration degree into a career with a plethora of opportunities.
- Specialisation. A business administration graduate has the option to specialise, while still retaining the general status of a business analyst. Areas like accounting and finance, information systems, strategic management, human resource management, marketing, operations management, technology entrepreneurship among some are available for specialisation.
- Career flexibility. Business administration professionals can also enjoy career flexibility. Upon graduating with a degree in business administration, of course, the first option may be to search for a job and join an already established workforce. However, other options are available for you. The knowledge acquired in the course of your business administration degree can equip you for the path to entrepreneurship. You can start your own business or a joint partnership business. Also, you may decide to practice independently as a business consultant and provide consultancy services to already established businesses.
- Broad-based Knowledge. Of course, this is the most fundamental benefit of a business administration degree. You will gain broad-based knowledge in all key areas of business management. While most other degrees may be more specialised, business administration covers all key areas of business management. The degree includes courses in Human resources, sales promotion, finance and accounting, business and product management, information systems and technology, among others.