Do you know you can secure admission into the University without JAMB?
not just into 100L but into 200L through IJMB OR JUPEB:
SPECIAL ADVANCED LEVEL PROGRAMME INFORMATION.
*Did you know that Lt.former president of Nigeria, Alhaji
Umaru Musa Yaradua was once an IJMB student?
*Did you know that the former CBN Governor,now an Emir;
Alhaji Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was an ex-ijmb student?
*Did you know that His Excellency,Sir Alhaji Tambuwal.The
former House of Speaker of representative of the Federal
Republic of Nigeria and now the governor of Sokoto was once
an ijmb student?
*Did you know that most of the former northern governors
were in one way or the other; ex-Ijmb students.
*Did you know that i was also an ex-Ijmb student by the
special grace of God?
1. WHAT IS IJMB BY THE WAY?
The word 'IJMB' means INTERIM JAMB MATRICULATION
BOARD.It started in Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria in the
early 70's and was approved by Jamb.If you want to confirm
more if the programme is real and viable, please check the
jamb brochure on page 4 2(2) for more details.
2.WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF THIS PROGRAMME?
The essence of this programme as an A'level
programme,enables you to be equipped to gain admission
straight to 200LEVEL into any University of your choice here in
Nigeria in order to study any course of your choice ''WITHOUT
3.WHO CAN DO THIS PROGRAMME?
*Those seeking admission in the university.
*Those who could not meet up their Grade Point (G.P).
*Those who could not meet up the required scores in Jamb.
* The young school leavers.
*Those who are tired of waiting one more year at home.
*Those who want to enter into 200level without stress.
*And those who have been battling with JAMB wahala.
4.HOW MANY SUBJECTS ARE BEEN TREATED IN IJMB?
For sciences they are*Chemistry,Biology,and Physics. Or
*Mathematics,Physics,Chemistry.But these subjects are
subdivided into three equal parts in each subject.
WHAT YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT JUPEB
The Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) is a new Advanced Level examination body recently established and coordinated by the University of Lagos. Basically, the programme is similar to the Interim Joint matriculation Board (IJMB) coordinated by University of Lagos (Unilag) and recognize
Meanwhile, we have set up programmes to train candidates on the syllabus of the Board in subjects relevant to course intended to study. For example, Physics/Chemistry/Biology for medical courses, Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics for engineering courses, etc. The charges for the programme vary from institution to institution. The actual charges for the programme can be obtained at the website of the institution or through an inquiry at the institution.
What is the aim of JUPEB?
• To source superior students for the University’s degree programmes and reduce the high rate of dropouts from the University.
• To ensure adequate preparation of eligible secondary school graduates for University work.
• To enhance analytical and independent learning abilities and promote the intellectual development as well as oral and written skills of students.
How long will this Jupeb Programme Last?
The duration of the Programme of courses for the Board's Examination is a minimum of one academic session of two semesters.
Who is Eligible for Jupeb admissions?
To be eligible to take examinations leading to the award of JUPEB's Direct Entry Certificates, the candidate must have been exposed to an intensive scheme of academic work relevant to his/her proposed
• Each candidate must register, sit for Examinations and satisfy the Board in three subjects and a General Studies course relevant to the proposed course in any of the universities.
• Each subject is to be broken into four courses to be taken, two per semester, by the candidate. The results in all the courses are to be merged at the end of the second semester to obtain the candidate's grade in that particular subject.
• Each candidate is expected to take twelve (12) courses, six per semester, and a General Studies course.
• The general Studies for courses in each University Faculty will be based on relevant General courses suggested for that Faculty by each university.
• The students upon completion of the programme will be issued certificates based on their level of performance which bear Letter Grades of A, B, C, D,E or F in each of the three subjects and General Studies Paper. For admission into each university, each candidate, in addition to passing the prescribed JUPEB examinations for issuing the Direct Entry Certificates, must satisfy all other conditions as prescribed by his/her university of choice.
The programme is an intensive coaching curriculum aims at ensuring adequate exposure to fundamentals of concepts and preparation of eligible students for University direct entry admission and a good head start for University work.
The courses of study which are those of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) subjects include:
1. English Language which is compulsory for all students,
3. Literature in English,
4. Christian Religious Studies,
11. Islamic Studies,
13. Visual Arts,
16. Business Studies,
20. Agricultural Science etc.
Students are required to choose three subjects in addition to English.
The certificate obtained by graduates of the programme will be tenable in several universities in Nigeria and in some foreign universities.
Admission is based strictly on merit and entry requirements and in proportion to the admission quota of the University for the various Faculties. The registration form for JUPEB is obtained towards the end of the training programme by the affiliated institutions.
How is Jupeb Examination Set and How is it Graded?
A mock exam that forms 30% of the total score in each subject is conducted by the institution and forwarded to the board. The Board’s exams take the remaining 70%.
The results issued by the JUPEB are graded like Cambridge A/Level results: A (5 points), B (4 points),C (3 points), D (2 points), E (1 point), F (0 point).
Three subjects are offered by each candidate. Combination of the grades forms the total point that is used as cut-off for the course applied for in a particular institution.
For example, University of Ibadan can say 13 points is the cut-off for Medicine and Surgery. That means, they can only admit candidates with either AAA (15 pts), AAB (14 pts), AAC (13 pts) or ABB (13 pts).
Does Jupeb Examination Results expire after every year?
Like Cambridge A/Level, the results of JUPEB do not expire. You can always use it to apply into same or another institution to following year. Candidates with JUPEB results can apply to JAMB for Direct Entry admission into 200 Level instead of 100 Level for UTME
You're taking no risk at all, admission into 200 Level is guaranteed same year. This is the best way to gain admission, it's now or never! Think A'Levels! Think IJMB! Think JUPEB! Think Cambridge A'Level!
For more details and further questions contact me
Call Adeyemi or whatsapp message on 09061943584
Brain Builders college of Advanced Studies, opp GSS Shoprite Ilorin.