Myschool CBT Challenge Season 6 - Cash Prize Of N200,000 To Be Won!

Chemical Engineering Technology - Faculty of Engineering, Environment & Technology

This entire page attempts to cover the List of Schools that offer Chemical Engineering Technology under the Faculty of Engineering, Environment & Technology in Nigeria.

We will also talk about;
- The subject combinations needed to study Chemical Engineering Technology
- JAMB UTME Subjects and Requirements
- O'Level Subjects and Requirements
- Direct Entry Requirements
- and other information you require to successfully gain admission to study Chemical Engineering Technology.

You need to read the entire content of this page to get all the knowledge your require for this course.

Chemical Engineering Technology can be studied under the Engineering, Environment & Technology in the following Nigerian Universities;

Subject Combination / JAMB UTME Requirements

In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Chemical Engineering Technology under the Faculty of Engineering, Environment & Technology in the above Universities include;

Physics/Technical Drawing or

O'Level Requirements

The O'level subject combination and requirements needed to study Chemical Engineering Technology;

You require; Mathematics,
Physics and
Chemistry and
any two subjects from:
Biology/Agricultural Science
Technical Drawing,
Basic Electronics/Basic Electricity,
Auto Mechanics,
Metal Work,
Woodwork (for Civil Engineering Tech.),
Further Mathematics
English Language,
For Marine Engineering and Industrial Safety & Environmental Engineering : a pass in Biology is required
At least a credit pass in English Language is required

Direct Entry Requirements

These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Chemical Engineering Technology, if you don't intend to use UTME.

You require; a) EDE-POLY, AUCHI-POLY, RUGIPO, ILARO-POLY and IDAH-POLY require credit in Chemistry.

b) IMTE requires four credits to be at a sitting or 5 at two sittings and offers it as Civil Engineering.

c) RIVPOLY requires a credit in English Language.

d) MAPOLY requires five credits at not more than two sittings to include credit passes in Chemistry and Physics and at least a pass in English Language.

e) EKITI-POLY accepts credit in Geog. or Economics.

f) AKANU-POLY will accept any other subject at credit level from Technical Drawing, Economics, Geography, Basic Electronics/Electricity, Auto mechanics, Metal Work and Wood Work.

g) OZORO and YABATECH require credit passes in English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics & any other subject.

h) OFFA-POLY accepts at least a pass in Chemistry.

I) IBADAN-POLY same as in Electrical/Electronics.

j) RAMATPOLY same as in Architectural Technology

k) PLA-POLY requires O/L paper with credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and any one subject from Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Sci.

l) KWARA-POLY accepts Credit passes in Fine Art, Introduction to Building, Bricklaying & Block Laying, Concreting, Walls Floor and Ceiling Finishing, Joinery and Carpentry.

m) RUGIPO accepts a pass in English Language.

n) BAUCHI-POLY requires Credit in Math, Physic, and one of T/drawing or Chemistry


(i) KANO-POLY requires Mathematics, Physics and chemistry

(ii) EDE-POLY does not accept Basic electronics/basic electricity, Economics/ Commerce, Wood work/auto mechanics and Metal work.

(iii) ILARO-POLY requires Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry or Technical Drawing.

iv) YABATECH requires Mathematics, Physics and Technical Drawing or Chemistry